Saturday, March 22, 2008

Birthday Celebration with Sushi

We celebrated Dale's birthday Tuesday night with sushi at a little restaurant in down town Twin Falls. I am personally not a fan of sushi and don't eat it, but Dale is a great connoisseur and invited some favorite people of his to join us who do: Collette, Lorenzo Mitchell, a good friend from the branch, and Cameron. Thanks, Cameron, for taking the pictures and getting Dale to smile! It was so fun listening to everyone talk about the different types of sushi and their favorites as I ate my chicken dinner. Our host, seeing that I didn't order any suhsi, brought me a fork. We all had a laugh at that. We had a great time and I learned a new appreciation for that type of food...yea, I appreciate the fact that I don't have to like it or eat it! It was good times and good company for Dale's 57th birthday!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Glad to see Dale smiling around the dinner table. (just kidding!) Is the sushi making him smile? I am with you Linda - Not for me thanks. Happy Birthday Uncle Dale!!!

Collette said...

It was one of the best nights ever!!!! Me love sushi..and of course the company!

Alisa said...

Sushi and ........ well sushi doesn't seem to go with anything I can think of, but I'm glad you had a good time! And thankfully, the kids still think you're older than me!

Paulene Davis said...

I'm with Linda, I would have ordered the chicken and I always ask for a fork no matter what kind of food I am eating. Good company can cover up alot of menu problems. Dale must have loved his birthday, he looks really happy. Happy Birthday Dale!! We love you.

Kathleen Gauger said...

Yum sushi! Actually we like certain kinds of sushi too. I will never forget the first time that we saw Dale eat sushi of a rather unusual kind... it was called a 'raw hamburger ball" Yucky!!! That was just one of those moments you never forget. Ha, ha. Happy Birthday Dale!!! You are loved!