Tuesday, April 1, 2008

All Together

We were lucky to be able to visit with ALL of our family this past weekend. That doesn't happen very often. Alisa and family came Friday night to attend a baptism for Grant's sister's son on Saturday and the confirmation on Sunday. They are on their way to St. Louis and will be meeting with the surgeon this week that performed Zadyn's original procedure to assess the progress and plan of action. They are taking the kids and have booked several fun "field trip" adventures while there for school. Jeremy and family came Saturday morning and brought his new birthday present he bought for himself - guitar hero. So once again my living room turned into a rockin' session. I think everyone had a chance to relive their favorite rocker, one of my favorites that I did was Pat Benetar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". Cameron and family came in the afternoon and did some pretty awesome renditions, too. Way to go Mary, you really stepped it up and rocked pretty awesome. Jef and family were here for Sarah's sister's baby blessing and family dinner. We all were in awe of Jef's "expert" level ability of guitar hero when he brought Cole out in the afternoon Saturday to visit. Logan and Mason were swimming with their Grandpa Doug and Sarah was getting things ready for the birthday party for Mason and Cole that her grandparents in town hosted for everyone Saturday night. Chad and his friend, Bailey, came early Saturday, just in time to join have a quick bite to eat and then put Bailey through the teasing of the family at the birthday party....such as, "wow, we could have two Bailey's in the family" and having all grand kids calling her "Aunt Bailey"! Collette joined the party after work and is always a favorite of the babies.
Sarah's grandparents, Truman and Esther Arbaugh are the salt of the earth. They had all of our family, plus those of Sarah's that were here Saturday night for cake and ice cream. It got a bit noisy at times, but it was special to me and I was very appreciative to them, especially because all the Clark's were there together, along with our niece, Tammy and her son Daniel. Here are the pictures I took at the party with only one shot each ( I say that to excuse the silly, sad, and not-quite-ready- to pose-faces of some).

Jefrey and family
Alisa and family

Cameron and family

Jeremy and family

Collette and her pal, Malia

Chad and his friend, Bailey

Tammy and Daniel

6 comments:

Sarah said...

If you notice the two Clark kids that are not married seem to be the happiest. Not saying that I am not happy to be a Clark or anything I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything, but if you notice not one picture is everyone happy except the two who are not married. What are the rest of us missing????

Linda Clark said...

We are missing the spontaneity of less cares about more people to worry about other than numero uno and looking good ALL the time when there is a camera about! Odds of 2people looking good and smiling are much better than 5 trying to smile and be cooperative, especially when the camera flashes before everyone is set. I think we are still working on a family picture where everyone is smiling and looks happy, eh? Got to love us!

Collette said...

Posing is just so natural....
It was great seeing every one and yes rockin' out on Guitar Hero!!
BEST OF LUCK TO ZADYN!!!

Alisa said...

We had a great time with the WHOLE family! I hope we didn't scare "Aunt Bailey" off! I am asking Santa for guitar hero for Christmas! I loved it!

Audrey said...

apparently I am missing out on this guitar hero thing. I'll have to do some serious homework before I visit the Clark family! What a wonderful event. I thought all the faces were photo perfect, and Malia's smile with Aunt Collette was just too darling!

Paulene Davis said...

I do not call that lucky to be all together, I call it a blessing. I so loved looking at all the faces. Chad is very brave to bring a friend into that group. Our prayers are with Zadyn. You should be very proud of your family. They all have a tender spot in my heart.