Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Reflections

Well, it has been a while since I have physically blogged anything...so I figured it was about time.

I loved conference this weekend...it was amazing. A big plus was me being able to eat injera (Ethiopian food...so good!)


for the first time since being home. It was great and I was able to catch up with my old companion, Elder Brown.


I loved the opportunity to participate in the solemn assembly on Saturday morning (we were privileged enough to have tickets for that session). I know that President Monson is a prophet of God. All sessions of conference were just full of the spirit and very uplifting.


As you could figure, this weekend made me reflect a lot on my mission and the things I have learned from it and the people of Uganda. I love them and miss them. I know the Lord holds a special place for them, as he does for us all, in His perfect heart. Collette sent me this picture:



which is very touching to me. I love Christ so much. I cherish Him and am grateful for all that He has done for me and will continue to do for me.

Uganda is Zion....and will always be one of the greatest places on earth for me!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I see Bailey decided to stick around even after the whole family thing on Saturday. That is a good sign Chad!!

Linda Clark said...

So glad you were able to make it down for conference and see Elder Brown and eat injera. It was a special experience for me, too, to participate in the solumn assembly. I love hearing your testimony and when I see that picture that Collette sent you, it reminds me of you and your mission. Miss you and looking forward to seeing you on the 25th!

Alisa said...

Sounds like you had a great time at conference! It was good to see you (twice) this past couple weeks, and Bailey, too. I am looking forward to reading conference as soon as it hits the internet in text.

Cameron Clark said...

So when do we get to hear the big anouncement that bailey is pregnant, huh, i mean that she is wearing a ring....

Chad said...

Hmmm...........awkward

Paulene Davis said...

Thanks for your testimony Chad. Loved the photos of you, You look wonderful and very happy, especially with that darling girl.