Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sunday Stew




I made stew for Sunday dinner a week ago and did a photo journal of the making and serving. First I will put the recipe:


1lb Supreme Beef Stew Meat
20 baby carrots cut up
2 small onions cut up
4 Medium size Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 can Ro-Tel (stewed Tomatoes and Green Chilies)
Palm full of Montreal Steak Seasoning
6 cups water
Beef Bullion

Brown beef over stove to sear in juices.
Assemble all ingredients into crockpot and let it cook on its own for about 5 hours. Next time I will use less water. We decided it would be better less brothy. It was great though. Jef took some the next day to work for one of his meals.
The boys weren't sure about eating it, but loved it with some ketchup, and we all know ketchup makes it better.


7 comments:

Linda Clark said...

That looks way yummy! Boys look a little skeptical. I put ketchup in my stew sometimes, too.

Paulene Davis said...

This stew looks very delicious. It really is a sign of a new season when we start cooking stews and warmer food. Let me just say that Linda (Grandma Clark) has always put ketsup on a lot of things. Thanks for the recipe.

Audrey said...

Sounds good to me! The first picture of your little boy looks just like the young cousin Jeff I grew up with!

Dad said...

We all know that ketchup has two purposes in life: 1) to make habby sauce and 2) well, ask Jef.

Dad said...

jk, btw

Alisa said...

oh, that looks good. I will have to try that recipe. Stew and soup are so good to have when it's cool outside!

Collette said...

ooooo me want some!!!
It's definetly the time for stew.