Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mission Reunion

Well gang, i recently attended my mission reunion (as of Thursday) in Heber City, UT at my mission president's house. It was just fantastic.

It was great to catch up with my old companions and friends from the mission:


THE Elder Fackrell (he's mulalu!!)

Utley and I...comps in the MTC
Millet, Baldwin, me, and Batt (none were my comps)

Elder Curran (my comp), Me, and Elder Ray (I guess they are "Brothers" now)

Brother Kapp and I

The highlight of the evening was definitely going to visit the grave of my late mission president, President Duke:
Elder Brown and I

One of the senior couples, Elder and Sister Moore, who served with us, gave a wonderful tribute to President Duke. It was appropriate and reflected President Duke's joking nature and his rock solid testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.



I was so glad to see Sister Duke again:

I had not seen her since she left after President Duke died on my mission. What a wonderful opportunity. I thank the Lord and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve the Lord in the Uganda Kampala Mission. We were given a wonderful report on the current status of the work in that great land. Rwanda has been added to our mission, but no proselyting missionaries are currently there. President Christensen visited Sudan and found that land even closer to the gospel than ever. The work is rolling forth amongst those people that I love so dearly. The church is true!

5 comments:

Dad said...

Congrats son, looks like you had a good time.

Alisa said...

Looks like you had a great time! I bet it was fun!

Collette said...

How fun...of course a party is not a party with out Elder Clark

Linda Clark said...

I am so glad you were able to go down, I know how much it meant to you to be able to see Sister Duke again. That must have been incredible to visit the grave and have that special experience.

Audrey said...

What a great time for you. When did you get so tall Chad?