Thursday, August 9, 2007

Hangin in Montana

Well mom and I are hanging out in Montana with the Orr's. It is a fun time here close to the mountains. Mom is having an especially good time. She is drugged out on Benadryl and or Claritin. Last night was the best. She had taken both medications and was a little loopy. We sang "Wise Man and the Foolish Man" for songs before bed with the kids and lets just say.....Mom doing the actions was classic. She looked like she was conducting the Phil Harmonic. So funny. You probably had to be there. Every once in a while Zadyn and Avery would switch off to sit next to her and every time one would jump on the couch, she would "wake up."
Today is Zadyn's birfday. She is 2 years old and already having "issues" about aging. Yesterday at lunch we asked her if tomorrow was her birthday. Kyler said, "Yeah Zadyn it's your birthday tomorrow." We asked her again and she started to bawl. She cried for like 5 minutes. We finally decided that she didn't want to get any older. Toddler wrinkles are soooooo embarrassing. She's OK with it today.....for now.
We've been having fun plotting ways to entertain the neighbors. Apparently they are quite nosey so we are thinking of ways to "peak" their interest. We have come up with: My trumpet practices (y'all remember that I can make the sound with my mouth), Jump roping that I learned while in prison with Paris Hilton (the woman is "celebrity watcher"), flashing the basement lights, and having a funeral in the backyard while I "play" "Taps" with my trumpet mouth. That one we will not go outside with one of the kids. We would just pretend one of them died. As you can see we like to stimulate the neighborhood.
Avery would like me to point out that we played lots of games last night. My personal favorite was one called "Whoonu?" It is a Cranium game. You have these cards and they have words on them and you have to guess the one that best describes the person who is "it." It is fun to see what people think best describes you. We played it like 7 or 8 times.
Well we are having lots of fun here and will be heading home on Saturday.

5 comments:

Dad said...

Collette,
Please keep your mother out of the medicine cabinet!

Chad said...

hey klopek......leave the neighbors alone

Audrey said...

Visits from Grandma are priceless!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Whoonu is our favorite game right now as well.

Alisa said...

GRANDMA LOOK!

Linda Clark said...

In defense of myself, I didn't overdose on medicene as the account insinuated. Night time Benedryl always makes me groggy. I took the Clariton early morning. My family has to make a "Entertainment Tonight" write-up!!